This section explains how to configure an operation.
An operation has the following basic properties
- Name : name of the operation.
- Enabled/Disabled : You can globally disable the operation. When disabled, the operation is not displayed to the end user and never executes.
The name of the operation is used for admin display (administration page and logs). It is also used to display the operation to the end user but you can override this (see the labels below in the display section).
The display tab allows you to control how the operation will be displayed in the issue view
- Display : These options allow you to control where the operation should display. You can select one, both or none of the following options
- issue actions menu : Select this option to display the operation in the issue actions menu
- issue panel : Select this option to display the operation in a specific Exocet panel in the issue.
- Weight : This reflects the relative 'importance' of an operation. In case when you limited the number of operations to display in the global display settings, operations with the highest weight are retained in priority. Leave empty if not sure.
- Labels : You can translate your operation name here. When a translation for a language is not defined, the default language is used.
If you plan to use your operation in an Exocet post function and you do not want it to display in the issue, leave both display checkboxes unchecked.
The activation allows you to control in which context the operation is active. If an operation is not active, it will not be displayed nor execute in a post function.
If you define a JQL and a permission confiditions, both must match for the operation to be active.
The target of an operation represents what will be created or updated by this operation.
Exocet can create or update issues on JIRA or pages on Confluence. To define the operation target, you need to select the target Server first.
At first, only the 'local JIRA' server is available. This is just fine, this represents the JIRA instance you are currently working on and it will always be available.
How to have more server options displayed ?
If you want more options here, you will need to define an application link to another JIRA or Confluence instance. This is explained in Remote instance
Depending on you case please refer to the following configuration page :